Friday, February 12, 2021

Slow Progress

I've been thinking a lot about this project for the past 24 hours or so. I decided that I wanted to create a film opening for a 1950s musical movie. At first, I was a struggling a bit because I wasn't too sure how to make the movie radiate the 1950s vibes. I did some more thinking and DING! DING! DING! it came to me that I should film it at my job, Lucille's American Café, which is a 1950s themed diner. I texted my manager immediately asking if he would let me film for a couple of hours after the restaurant closes. He replied within minutes and he said yes! YEAH YUHH! 

best boss evaaaa

This made me more excited to film. After securing Lucille's as my shooting location, I realized that I would need more factors such as costume, makeup, and mise-en-scène elements that will contribute to create that 1950s vibe. However, I don't have a plot line just yet, so I can't focus on costume and makeup right at this moment. What I can do though, is learn how to edit videos to make them look like the 1950s so that by the time that editing comes around, I am prepared to edit. 

These are the YouTube videos I watched that taught me how to make videos look old fashioned:

  •  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0Q1cIncoJM
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZted8NDWE8
This is all I have for now, I shall keep you all updated as I continue on with this process.

HASTA LA VISTA!- go eat pineapple and watch La La Land :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Melancholic Farewell & CCR

It's currently 3:26am I just finished editing my CCR Well world, here she is. My second baby. CCR-Cupid's Advocate (link just in cas...