Thursday, March 4, 2021

Oldies but Goodies

 Oh boy do I love music, it's the best thing ever.

Anyways, since my film opening is going to be a 1950s musical, I thought it would be appropriate to do some research on songs written in the 1950s. While I already know many 1950s songs (shoutout to my job-they play 50s on 5 Sirius XM every day...), I wanted to compile some of these in order to gain some inspiration. 

I ended up making a Spotify playlist that's FIVE hours long (playlist link is at the bottom of this blog) ... I literally listed every song that I remembered hearing at work (they never leave my brain UGH). As I created this playlist, I came to the realization that men are creeps. Yes. You read that right. Most of these OLD, GROWN men are writing songs about SIXTEEN year old girls (*cough* Sixteen Candles *cough*)... uhhh child anyways, so.... I also learned that most of the songs written by females are obviously about romance & love. After doing some more research, I came to the conclusion, that the song for my film opening had to obviously be about love since it will be playing while Ricky and Annette dance. I texted Alejo, my awesome franddd and the coolest composer, some songs that have cool beats that I would like for our song to include (or to include similar beats). 

The songs I sent him were:

  • Fever by Peggy Le
  • Who's Sorry Now by Connie Francis
  • Teach Me Tonight by The McGuire Sisters
Soon after, Alejo sent me some videos of how the song was coming along and I got so excited EEEKKKKK!! It sounds so great and it's exactly how I wanted it to sound. I can't wait for him to add lyrics to it, so that it can be done!

"What comes after the song is done?" you may be asking yourself... 
Well, I send it over to my actors and ask Mrs. Lutwin (Geraldine) to learn the lyrics and I also send it to Bella (Annette) and Roy (Ricky) so that they can become familiar with the beats. After they feel comfortable with the music, then I will hold a rehearsal in which the three of us (Bella, Roy, and I) will choreograph their dance scene; I definitely want them to include some iconic 50s dance moves.

Playlist Link: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/21UQrJUHsuXCCrCH7FyEWH?si=BHz8t8VARNOrhz3mP4mJaw




Well, well, well, it's slowly coming together alright. Stay tuned for more updates! 

HASTA LA VISTA!- go eat pineapple and watch La La Land :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Melancholic Farewell & CCR

It's currently 3:26am I just finished editing my CCR Well world, here she is. My second baby. CCR-Cupid's Advocate (link just in cas...