Wednesday, March 24, 2021

The Beginning of Editing

 Now that filming is done, editing time has started. I usually edit my videos on iMovie and then edit the sound on WeVideo. However, I really want to challenge myself by editing through a new software. During a group discussion on our projects, one of my classmates recommended that I use DaVinci Resolve or Adobe Premier Pro. I have never used any of these softwares, but I'm definitely interested in learning how to utilize them. I decided to try out DaVinci Resolve and while it downloaded, I drove all the way to Disney World and back....jk... but it really did take forever to download. When it finally downloaded, it didn't work- yeah, bye DaVinci Resolve. After I got over my melancholic, yet short heartbreak with DaVinci Resolve, I decided to use Adobe Premier Pro. This software took about an hour and a half to download (UGH), but it works splendidly😌. As a newbie to Premier Pro, I felt scared to try this new platform out, but I was also excited. 


Day #1 of Editing (03/22):

I imported all of my video clips into Premier Pro and ordered them on the timeline. I then adjusted the lengths of some of the clips so that the overall video would not surpass 2 minutes. After 2 hours of playing around with my new toy, I called it a day.

Day #2 of Editing (03/23):

On the second day (well, more like night because I started at 11:30pm) of editing, I assembled my videos in a different order than I had the night before because I thought that the new order contributed in advancing the plot of the film. I also started researching "how to" tutorials of Adobe Premier Pro because I'm such a grandma when it comes to using this high tech, video software (another blog post is up which talks about every tutorial I have watched thus far).

Day #3 of Editing (03/24):

I'm editing in a hotel in Savannah, GA. Although I'm on vacation, I toured SCAD today and got so inspired by their film & television department, that I rushed to the hotel after the tour ended and continued to edit my project. I'm focusing on finding music for the opening and the end of the film. My teacher suggested for us to look at an awesome website (chosic.com) to find free music. I went under the "Old" music category and found a couple of options to choose from, but I haven't decided on the two that I will use.

Well, this is all of the editing updates I have for you at the moment,,,

HASTA LA VISTA!- go eat pineapple and watch La La Land :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Melancholic Farewell & CCR

It's currently 3:26am I just finished editing my CCR Well world, here she is. My second baby. CCR-Cupid's Advocate (link just in cas...