Saturday, April 3, 2021

Improvement: CCR Question TREE


From creating the plot to editing and everything in between, crafting 2 minutes of a film requires thorough planning.
Some of the biggest things that must be taken into consideration are the development of characters, the setting, the costume designing, and other mise-en-scene elements. 

Over the course of this project, my production skills have developed. I learned more about framing and how important it is for the shots to look neater. Lighting is another thing I learned about. While all of the lights at Lucille's were turned on for the opening and the end, the ceiling lights were turned off for the musical number. I did not want this scene to be too bright as I wanted the dim lighting to create a sense of mystery and curiosity. Planning out the costumes was one of my favorite parts of the project. I got a lot of my costume inspiration from The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. For example, I wanted Annette's character to wear a red, flared dress, similar to the ones that Mrs. Maisel wears in one of her performances. For Geraldine's character, I wanted her costume to resemble Mrs. Maisel's costume in the army episode. Some key accessories such as necklaces, long gloves, and coats were key in making Annette and Geraldine's characters seem like they were in the 50s. Apart from costumes, hair and make-up were other elements that had to be planned. The server and Annette used wigs since ladies in the 50s usually wore up-dos or styled hair. While Geraldine's character did not wear a wig, her hair did get curled. For make-up, I wanted them to look as natural as possible, however, for the musical number, I wanted Annette and Geraldine to wear red lipstick and highlight to enhance their characters during this fantasy moment. Sound editing was another factor that I worked on. I utilized background restaurant noises to aid in creating a restaurant atmosphere. I also had to amplify and use the high pass and low pass effects to make the voices of Annette and The Server sound more vintage and match with the vintage style of the voices her in "Suddenly" and "Lover's Fantasy". I sent my rough draft of my film opening to some friends and they gave me great constructive criticism. While I really appreciated their criticism and suggestions, I did not agree with some of them and that's okay! I really considered all of the suggestions they offered, but I also stuck to my gut feeling and kept some things the way they were. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Melancholic Farewell & CCR

It's currently 3:26am I just finished editing my CCR Well world, here she is. My second baby. CCR-Cupid's Advocate (link just in cas...