Friday, April 2, 2021

Target Audience & Distribution: CCR Question Numba Two

Deadline to turn in the project is approaching soon, so here's the second question of the CCR:

How does your product engage with audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media text?

My film would be targeted towards those who are intrigued by musicals, romance, and the 1950s. Therefore, it can be said that the age range for my target audience is pretty wide as it ranges from the young ages to the much older ones. The age range expands pretty far since many people that are currently in their 70s-90s lived in the 1950s, so they'll be interested in watching the film in hopes of reliving their past.

One of the main ways that I will distribute my film to audiences is by promoting my film through social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and Facebook. I would create an account for my film on each of these platforms where I would post trailers, photo stills, and information about my film. Additionally, I would create a filter on these platforms in the theme of the 1950s that plays songs from the film whenever consumers use it. Posting my film on Vimeo, a platform that many filmmakers utilize to showcase their work, would also be another way of distributing my film. 

In-person events such as film festivals would be a good way to distribute my film. Of course, it wouldn't be a big, pricy film festival, but even the film festival that my school hosts every year would help the film get recognition. Local film festivals like the Miami Film Festival. In short, I plan on working my way up. Due to the budget, I'd have to focus on distributing my film through digital mediums and in-person events.


Since my film contains original music by Alejandro Rodriguez, I could synergize with him. By doing this, we both will benefit since I would engage with his audience and my audience would engage with him. This would help us both get recognition for our work. Another artist I could synergize would be The Commandeers since they are the artists of the opening song. This band is well-known by many music companies and have many fans. I believe that interacting with them, would be a great way to promote Cupid's Advocate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Melancholic Farewell & CCR

It's currently 3:26am I just finished editing my CCR Well world, here she is. My second baby. CCR-Cupid's Advocate (link just in cas...