Friday, March 12, 2021

Target Audience!

Understanding what the target audience for a film is, is sooo important! Understanding and acknowledging the target audience can help make a director imply certain factors that he/she/they know the audience will enjoy. If the audience enjoys what they're watching, they'll invest in the film, which will increase profits for the film production company.

Before solidifying my target audience, I did some research. I read a couple of articles (all links listed below) and I learned a lot about target audiences in film: Here's some things I learned:

  • The definition of target audience does NOT include everyone, only a niche group of people
  • To define the target audience for a particular project, ask yourself: What makes this piece different from any other pieces? What would make people choose this piece over other similar pieces?
  • The target audience for The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (a show set in the 1950s) was about 62% women.
  • Creating content that people can relate to will attract more viewers.

The target audience for my film ranges from ages 13-80. Yes, this is a wide age gap, however, my film includes comedic and romantic moments, which are appealing to the youngers ages while also being set in the 1950s, which will attract older people as they lived during that time period. Moreover, older people might be able to relate to it. 

SOURCES:

https://red-rock-films.medium.com/how-to-uncover-the-proper-target-audience-for-your-film-bfbb101d078

https://decider.com/2020/01/14/marvelous-mrs-maisel-season-3-nielsen-ratings/

https://www.toprankblog.com/2019/01/marvelous-b2b-content-marketing-lessons/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Melancholic Farewell & CCR

It's currently 3:26am I just finished editing my CCR Well world, here she is. My second baby. CCR-Cupid's Advocate (link just in cas...